Summer is not only the best time for vacation but also a lot of people organise a deep-cleaning of their homes. And why not? During the hot months, you feel more energetic, everything dries out quicker and tanks to the longer days you can accomplish a lot in just one weekend. An essential part of the thorough cleaning of the home is the deep-cleansing of your mattresses. In the next rows, our expert Reading cleaners will tell you why this task is so important and what hidden benefits it holds.
The Benefits of a Clean Mattress
Ask every doctor on the planet, and they will tell you one of the most beneficial things you can do for your health is to keep the place you sleep tidy and dust-free. The same goes for your mattress.
- Better quality of the air in your bedroom – When you toss and turn at night a miniature cloud of dust, mites, shed skin and other microscopic particles rise up from your mattress. They can attribute significantly to the poor air quality in the room and subsequently cause breathing problems.
- Allergy control – The dust and mites your mattress has accumulated can trigger your allergies. So make sure to vacuum it at least once a week.
- Asthma is another problem -Similar to the allergy attacks, asthma is often triggered by the dust in your mattress.
- Better sleep quality – Once your mattress stops smelling dusty and everything is cleaned properly you will sleep better and more soundly.
What Are Mites
One of the most important reasons you need to regularly deep clean your mattresses are the mites. The name stands for a large variety of species known as Acari. With a size, less than 1 mm these tiny creatures inhabit our mattresses, pillows and bedding and feast on dead human skin. Thankfully they don’t bite and generally are not concerned with living beings. However, just imagine a colony as big as a couple of million of these tiny bugs all live and die in your bed each day. Some of them can emit particular chemicals that can trigger an allergic reaction or an asthma attack.
Deep-cleaning the Mattress at Your Reading Home
If you are unable to call your local cleaning company to deal with your mattress, you need to know how to cleanse it by yourself. Here is what our Reading experts have to say on the matter:
- Remove your bedding and place everything in the laundry machine.
- Vacuum your mattress.
- Wash any biological stains with an enzyme cleaner. Do not rub, instead blot the spots.
- Open the windows and leave your mattress to rest for a couple of hours.
- After a couple of hours put fresh sheets on and make your bed.
You can use any other type of cleaning detergent including regular soap, however, enzyme products are specialised in deep-cleansing, sanitising and removing various kinds of stains.
Pro Cleaning Tips
A side of the periodical deep-cleansing, there are a lot of things you can do in your Reading home without the need to book specialised cleaning services.
- Flip and rotate your mattress each season. This will also keep the materials from losing their shape.
- Vacuum your mattress every week.
- Change your sheets and wash your bedding at regular intervals.
- If your mattress starts to smell funny, sprinkle it with baking soda, leave it for a couple of minutes and then hover it.
- Whenever you can leave your mattress to breath. Remove all sheets and place it near a window or outside under direct sunlight.
- Use a mattress protector. This is a specialised coverup that protects your mattress from dust, mites and all types of stains.