Mould Cleaning: How to Protect Your Home

mould in a house - detail image

Mould is everywhere, and this is no exaggeration. You can find it hidden under your carpets, in the corners of your rooms, on your window frame. These nasty and highly adaptable fungi pose a considerable threat to your health. Moulds have many shapes and sizes and are one of the biggest problems cleaning companies encounter. To help homeowners all across Oxford we have composed a simple guide that will aid you in identifying the fungi, you have, and give you valuable tips on how to protect your home.

Why Having Mould in Your Oxford Home Is Dangerous

In general, most widespread species of moulds are non-toxic. This means you will survive their attack but the good news ends here. Non-toxic moulds can cause serious trouble, like:

  • Having continuous coughing and sneezing episodes;
  • Developing irritation in the eyes;
  • Skin rashes may appear, accompanied by severe skin irritation;
  • Headaches become more frequent.
  • The symptoms may become even more serious when they manifest in infants or toddlers. The fragile organism of a 5-year-old is no match for the viciousness of some mould species. The more they spread, the more dangerous the home becomes. The Oxford cleaning professionals advise removing the child from the house until the place is completely sanitised, even when we are talking about non-toxic fungi.

The Toxic Mould: Never Attempt to Clean It Alone

These types of fungi emit toxins in the air of your home and can be potentially deadly. They are harmful both to humans and animals alike. Moulds like Aspergillus or Stachybotrys must be removed only by licenced professionals. This is not a job for a regular cleaning company. We are talking about people with protective masks and full-body suits. If you spot some of the following symptoms request for an expert backup immediately:

  • mould in an Oxford houseRegular asthma attacks;
  • Allergies;
  • Irritated skin and severe rashes;
  • Bleeding from the lungs and other internal organs;
  • Migraines and depression;
  • Sore eyes;
  • Neurological problems;

The Silent Villain in Your Home

Having mould in your Oxford home is not a joke. You can’t just dismiss it and hope it will go away once the weather becomes hotter. Some groups of people are more easily affected than others.

  • If you have an illness causing you to have a low immune system;
  • If you have chronic illnesses;
  • If you have suffered a heart attack, or have a heart condition;
  • If you are pregnant, it is dangerous both for you and your unborn child;

Mould has existed for millions of years, has evolved and is here to stay. Don’t take lightly the hazard it poses. If you see a black spot on your tiles – think twice before touching it barehanded.

Prevention Technics: How to Properly Clean Your Oxford Home

Enough with the scares, yes it is a dangerous situation but it is actually very easy to avoid it. Here are some of the methods you can use straight from reputable house cleaners:

  • bathroom cleaning in an Oxford homeAfter having a big house renovation make sure to check all of the piping for leaks. When cleaning, make sure to check all corners of the room for water spots. Floodings and leakages provide the perfect conditions for mould development.
  • While we are on the topic of reconstructions, when painting your walls use mould inhibitors before placing the paint.
  • After taking a shower, clean your tiles with a squeegee. It will only take a few minutes but it will significantly lower the possibility of mould infestation.
  • Buy an air purifier. This machine will control the humidity levels and cleanse the air. In addition to that make sure to provide your home with enough fresh air and open your windows every day at least for 10 to 15 minutes;
  • Use a mask and protective gloves when cleaning. This will guard your skin from both the chemicals and mould toxins;
  • If you are unsure how to deal with a mouldy spot always call a professional cleaning company. Upon inspection, the technicians will be able to tell you what to do and how best to protect your Oxford home.
Previous Post
Newer Post