Have you ever considered how dirty an office is? Well, we know. For example, your computer keyboard can contain as little as 7,500 bacteria at any given moment. And contagious viruses can “live” on your mouse, monitor or desk for about 24 hours, sometimes even more! But above all else the condition of the work environment influences productivity. You can either boost yours or hinder it with a dirty workspace.
Today, we’ll find out how a clean Oxford office can increase your productivity:
How Office Cleaning in Oxford Helps Productivity
There’s a common misconception that people with dust-covered desks are the most hardworking. You know, the busy bees that can’t seem to find the time to dispose of their dustbin. However, several studies and experiments show that clean offices are actually the most productive ones. Turns out, maintaining your workspace clean and organised helps you to get the most out of your work.
The above is not just a random rambling of professional commercial cleaners. Harvard students, in fact, have conducted an experiment to prove it. In a controlled experiment, they exposed two groups of people to either extremely cluttered or organized workspaces. Then, both groups were asked to solve a puzzle that was literally unsolvable. Here’s what happened:
- The tidy workspace group attended to the puzzle for an average of 18.5 minutes before giving up;
- The cluttered workspace group tried to solve the riddle for an average of 11 minutes before waving the white flag;
So the results were undeniable. Office cleaning does influence people’s persistence and endurance to the workload. But that’s not all.
Benefits of Clean Commercial Premises in Oxford
Now, you may think people are just generally lazy when it comes to working. There’s no way that something as little as a clean desk can influence your job, right?
As sceptical as you may be, you can’t deny these benefits of a clean Oxford office:
- Focus increase – if your working environment is clean and clutter free, it means you’ll be able to focus on the task at hand. A clean desk leads to a greater level of concentration and more work done at the end of the day.
- Not wasting your time – it’s really time-consuming to find what you’re looking for in a messy workspace. If you have your desk in order, you’ll find all the needed paperwork times faster.
- Stress-free — once the mess is gone, your mind will be free to do what it has to do — work. You’ll be less stressed and much more happy at the office.
- Long-term profitability – time is money, especially in commercial settings. Having your work environment clean at all times means more profitability for the business in the long run.
- Fewer sick leaves – remember the thing we said about bacteria and keyboards? Well, having your office cleaned on a regular basis will decrease the number of sick leaves that people working in it will take. If that’s not great, we don’t know what is.
- Improved morale – everyone likes pleasant environments. That’s why it’s no wonder that people with clean offices are much happier and cooperative at work than those who keep their desks messy.
How to Clean Your Oxford Office Space
So, as you can see, offices are better off with a clean environment. And so are the people working in them. The question remains how to achieve all that cleanliness with minimum effort. Well, our professional commercial cleaners in Oxford recommend the following:
- Make sure to clean equipment like monitors, keyboards and printers frequently. This way, the dust and debris won’t manage to settle in and affect their performance. Additionally, during flu season, try cleaning them with disinfectant wipes to kill off the bacteria that linger in.
- Have a ‘clean desk’ policy at your Oxford office. Forbid your staff to leave certain items on their desks. Those can be anything from rubbish to unused tools. Embrace minimalism at work.
- Implement occasional deep cleans of your office space. You don’t need to go overboard with this -2-3 hour a month is plenty enough to keep the desks and the environment around clutter-free. And can be a good bonding experience for your staff.
- Have some mini speed cleans at the beginning or end of each workday. 10 minutes are just what you need to have your desk ready for the day ahead.
As you can see, the benefits of office cleaning outweigh the effort required. So why wait? Implement our tips the first thing in the morning at your workspace and reap the rewards!