Summer is here and its time to have some well-deserved fun. After a lovely day at the beach or a nice barbeque with your friends and family cleaning is probably the last thing in your mind. However, we all know these steps can’t be skipped so easily. So our professional Guildford cleaners have a solution for you – 7 summer cleaning tips that will make your life easier.
Cleaning the Sand
Depending on where you’ve been, removing the beach sand can be a nightmare. Avoid putting your towel immediately in the laundry machine right after you return home. You first need to hang it to dry outside and then shake it, so most of the sand can fall down. Do not do it at home unless you want to vacuum the whole house right then and there. After all of this, you can either use it a couple of times before washing it or put it straight in the laundry machine.
The Early Bird Gets the Worm
Waking up early during the summer months is easier as the sun shines brighter. Use it in your advantage. The professionals from our Guildford cleaning company advise starting your cleaning day as early as possible. This way you will have more time for relaxation afterwards. Not to mention, the air is cooler in the morning, and you will feel more energetic.
Cleaning After the Party at Your Guildford Home
One of the most important rules during the summer is to never leave your grill to stay dirty in summer. It will start to attract all sorts of bugs, and it can even start to smell funny. We also understand you don’t want to spend half a day brushing and scraping it. Here is how to make it shine without the need of booking specific cleaning services for that.
- Pour white vinegar onto the grill and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Using a metal brush or even a tin foil ball scrape the surface. The dirt and grime will come off easily.
- Wipe everything with kitchen paper.
Do not apply any water or degreaser. It will just open you more work cleaning everything.
Remember to Clean the Yard
During Summer you will most likely use your garden furniture every day. This means that now you need to spend extra time cleaning it. However, this process can be significantly speeded up. Here are a couple of tricks:
- Use baby wipes to go over all pieces and clean them. It is fast and easy altho not at all eco-friendly.
- Make a mixture of water and liquid soap and wipe your furniture with a microfibre cloth or a sponge.
- Put a non-washable multipurpose cleaner in a spray bottle and apply it on the furniture. Wipe the dirt with kitchen paper or cloth. This is by far the fastest cleaning method.
Get Rid of the Nasty Smells
During the summer all foods go bad faster which means the organic rubbish tends to emanate a certain disgusting odour as well as attracting all types of bugs. The situations get worse if you host a yard or pool party. So to get rid of the nasty smell of your outdoor bin bag? Just use baking soda. This incredible substance can not only make your cake fluffier but can successfully absorb all kinds of smells. Pour some of it at the bottom of your outdoor bin and leave to do its magic.
How to Clean Your Pool Toys?
You can’t imagine how much bacteria stick to your pool toys. Whenever there is water and hot weather germs and fungi thrive. However, our cleaners have solutions that will make your Guildford pool parties bacteria-free. Soak, wipe and wash all toys with vinegar. The acid will dissolve and destroy any microorganisms. You can use the same technic when you are cleaning your pet’s toys.
Dust Your Guildford Home the Smart Way
Summer is the season where pollen and dust accumulate the most. That is why you need to clean your AC filters and dust your ceiling fans weekly. To do it like our skilled Guildford cleaners minus the professional equipment here is what you can try:
- Remove your filters and wash them over the toilet. This way you will get rid of all of the dust without clogging the sink.
- Do not use a feather duster or vacuum machines to dust your home. In summer a damp cloth works just perfect.
- Use an old pillowcase to wipe your ceiling fan. To avoid spreading dust everywhere cover the fan with the pillowcase, wipe it and throw away the dirty fabric.
Now you are ready to enjoy a pleasant summer day with your friend and family without any distractions or skipped cleaning chores.