Every homeowner has at least one carpet and it needs to be deep-cleaned properly from time to time. There are many methods but which one is the best? How to choose between dry and wet carpet cleaning? Reading professionals are here to help you and shed some light.
Wet Carpet Cleaning
There are a lot of wet cleaning approaches like the foam extraction method, the rotary shampoo method and the hot water extraction method. The latter, also known as steam cleaning, is one of the most preferred washing techniques. You can use it not only for your carpeting but also for your upholstery. Here is what you need to be aware of:
- This is a deep-cleansing method that allows the removal of old and stubborn stains.
- It provides an in-depth washing of your carpets and cleans properly their fibres.
- Your carpets will be left slightly damp after this procedure. So you may want to use these cleaning services during the warmer months.
- In some cases, you are not required to move your furniture. You just need to put plastic pads under their legs to protect your carpets from damage.
- Steam cleaning is considered one of the most eco-friendly methods as it uses almost no detergents and chemicals.
- The shampoo and foam methods require the usage of considering amounts of cleaning products that are then extracted with wet vacuuming.
- Steam cleaning is preferred by people with asthma and allergies as this technic not only removes stains but also kills the majority of germs.
- If you use your own steam cleaner, your carpets will take longer to dry off as the machine as not as powerful as the professional ones.
Dry Carpet Cleaning Methods
These methods are focused on the chemical removal of durt and use almost no moisture at all. You need to be careful when relying on this technic and here is why:
- During all types of dry-cleaning chemicals are being sprayed and absorbed by the fibres of your carpets. This makes it not as safe as the hot extraction method.
- It only cleans the outer layer of your carpets, leaving the deeply embedded particles. In this sense, it is not very effective.
- Sometimes the chemicals can cause an unwanted allergic reaction or trigger an asthma attack.
- Dry cleaning is expensive due to the type of chemicals used.
- Some fabrics can be cleaned only with these types of methods, so you need to inform yourself prior to purchasing your carpets.
- After these cleaning services are performed your carpets will be completely dry and ready to use.
- You can’t perform it on your own without the help of a cleaning company.
Which to Choose According to Our Reading Experts
Now you know the basic differences between the two methods and what to expect when booking these services. But the question which one to pick still stands. According to our professional Reading carpet cleaners, all depend on the occasion and the location of the carpet.
- If you are a business owner and your offices need a fast freshening up, the smart thing to do is to dry clean your carpeting every other month. This way you will remove the outer layer of durt and your employees don’t need to wait for everything to dry off.
- Nevertheless, at least once a year you need to deep-wash your carpets using one of the wet methods.
- For homeowners especially the ones with children and pets, the Reading experts advise choosing the wet method. It is more effective and done properly it can last you up to a year.
- It is important to remember every type of carpet has its requirements and sometimes the dry method is not advisable and vice versa. In these occasions use the services of your local Reading cleaners and save yourself a lot of headaches and money.