In some point, we all need to change homes and for those of us who are tenants, these are truly hectic moments. Not only you need to pack and properly transport your belongings, but you must clean and tidy the place in order to get your deposit back. Our Oxford end of tenancy cleaners has a few tips for you, that may help you deal with this problem.
Important Cleaning Rule
Most people are unaware that the majority of end of tenancy cleaning services are performed after you have completely moved out. This way the company can guarantee the work their technicians have done. Even if you are doing all the tidying by yourself, it is best doing it when you no longer live there.
Who to Perform the End of Tenancy Cleaning of Your Oxford Home?
This is a tuff question and depends on many variables. Ask yourself the following questions:
- When is my lease ending?
- Do I have enough time to move and clean by myself?
- Do I have enough money to hire a cleaning company?
- Does my landlord have any specific requirements?
- Are these cleaning services expensive in Oxford?
After you answer all of these, you will be able to make a decision. Remember if it’s not in your tenancy agreement, you are not obligated to use the services of a cleaning company. However, the chances of not receiving your deposit back are greater if you chose to do everything by yourself.
Problem Areas During the End of Tenancy Cleaning
Incredibly they are standard “problem spots” that can be found in all homes. Yours isn’t an exception. That is why you need to take great care for them during the end of tenancy cleanup.
- Kitchen appliances – everything from the microwave to the dishwasher must be deep cleansed. Ovens may take as much as a day to be properly scrubbed.
- Worktops – In fact, all surfaces in your kitchen are problem areas. At some point, you have spilt something that left marks or you scratched the wrong surface. Invest some time in researching for the best way to repair and clean them.
- Carpeting – So many things could go wrong here from having to deep-wash your carpets to replacing them. Consult with a professional if you are unsure how to deal with old, suspiciously looking stains.
- Upholstery – Stains, pet hairs, nasty sells, mould… your upholstery can be suffering from a lot. The safest and fastest way to wash it is using a steam cleaner.
The Pain of Each End of Tenancy Cleaning Process
We pinpointed the problem areas, bit now let’s talk about the real enemies of every respectable end of tenancy cleaning team in Oxford.
- Limescale – These dried out water deposits are not only unsightly but also hard to clean. Depending on the region you live limescale can be e huge problem as it is essentially calcium carbonate. It can stick to the inside of your dishwasher, laundry machine, taps and showerhead. It is extremely hard to properly remove limescale deposits.
- Mould — Big black spots in the corners of your room, under the carpeting, on your tiles and shower curtain — all evidence of mould. If you want to defeat these adaptable fungi, you must search for a professional cleaning company. Do not attempt to clean it by yourself as some types of mould are dangerous for humans.
- Mildew – It lives mainly on the food in your fridge and pantry. Mildew can easily contaminate a large number of products and cause a big mess. It is easy to clean but due to its rapid spread, it’s a time-consuming process.
Do Not Forget These Places in Your Oxford Home
Last but not least let’s check the spots people tend to skip or forget when doing their end of the lease cleanups.
- Stairs and hallways – It is so easy to tidy them but since you use them all the time it may look like an impossible job. Just leave them for the end and swipe, mop and dust them last.
- Outdoor areas – depending on your landlord’s requirements you may need to clean the yard or front porch. The easiest thing you can do is to sweep the driveway and take care of any foliage.
- Attic/Basement – If you have one, make sure to tidy it up before you leave the property.
- Roofs and gutters – Again check with your landlord what they expect to find when they come to inspect the place. You may need to get a ladder and remove the debris from your gutters.
Don’t forget to check your tenancy contract in order to fulfil all your obligations towards the rented property. If you feel overwhelmed or don’t know from where to start you can always rely on your local Oxford end of tenancy cleaning company to save the day.