The Holiday season is upon us, and our professional Oxford cleaners advise their customers to start preparing their homes for the upcoming festivities. If you are unsure from where to start, here are 6 simple ways you can transform your home this winter.
Get Everybody on Board
The key to success is to rely on a trustworthy team to back you up during the holiday cleaning madness. Of course, we are talking about your friends and family, especially the latter. Don’t do everything all by yourself, you will never finish on time. Make a chore list and divide all tasks amounts your family members. You can even use the premade generic cleaning checklist. The important thing is to have structure and be persistent.
Stack Your Cabinets
Not only with food and presents but also with cleaning supplies. You don’t want to end up without kitchen paper or wet wipes during the Holidays. Keep in mind most stores will be closed, so you must stack up in advance. Our Oxford cleaners advise purchasing the following:
- Kitchen paper
- A broom and a dustpan
- A mop and a bucket
- Wet wipes, at least 4-5 packs you have no idea how useful they are, especially if you have to deal with an emergy cleaning during the Christmas dinner.
- Microfibre cloths.
- Rubber gloves
- Multipurpose cleaner
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Air freshener
- Drain cleaner
Don’t Go Overboard
Every homeowner wants to have a spotless, sparkling house for the holidays, however, remember you also need to rest and enjoy the time with your loved ones. Don’t be overly ambitious when it comes to the cleaning chores you wish to accomplish. Let’s be real you don’t have to wash your windows in the middle of winter. In addition here are some cleaning activities you can skip while preparing your Oxford house:
- Dusting the top shelves. Nobody is going to inspect them, leave everything for the spring cleaning.
- Vacuuming under the bigger furniture pieces. Leave the couch alone, just fluff the decorative pillows and you are good.
- Deep-cleaning of the oven. Why wash it before the holidays when you are about to extensively use it in the next couple of days? Leave it for now.
Hire a Professional Cleaning Company
This is a smart option but you need to have the budget for it. Thankfully a lot of cleaning companies in Oxford and the surrounding area offer discounts or special holiday proposals. If you decide you don’t have the time to deal with the stress of tidying the whole house, rely on professional help. However, keep in mind you need to make the booking as yearly as possible as most cleaners are quite busy during the holiday season.
Follow Some Simple Cleaning Rules
To be successful in your cleaning endeavours you must follow a couple of fairly easy rules that will assure you do the job fast and safe.
- Always wear protective gear when cleaning with strong detergents.
- Open at least one window for about 15 minutes a day to let the fresh air into the home.
- Use all of your vacuum cleaners attachments and make sure you know how to properly work with each one of them.
- Avoid mixin cleaning products, as some ingredients can cause an unwanted chemical reaction.
- Don’t trust DIY solutions, or at least do thorough research on the topic.
Most importantly, don’t get overwhelmed by cleaning duties and try to avoid obsessing over small things. There will always be something forgotten or left unwiped. Think happy thoughts and enjoy the holidays. At the end of the day, your friends and family just want to have a good time, not to inspect your house for dust.