Buying a hover is not an easy task. There are a lot of things you need to take into consideration, that otherwise won’t even cross your mind. We understand the struggle and that is why our Reading cleaners have created this simple but effective guide on what to look for when buying a vacuum machine.
Initial Preparation for the Purchase
Before you rush to the store and get yourself a vacuum cleaner you need to answer a few questions.
- What is my budget? – The most important question of them all. There is no point of looking at expensive models if you can’t afford them.
- How big is my home? – If you live in a small flat with limited space, you need to think about purchasing a more compact model of vacuum cleaner that won’t take a lot of room. You will need a more powerful machine, if your home is bigger, say a 3 story house.
- How often will the hover be in use? – If you rely on a house cleaning company for your Reading home and just want to have a hover for extreme situations you certainly don’t need a pricy one.
- Do I or any of my family members have a specific health condition that requires a particular way of cleaning the home? – For example, vacuum cleaners with water filters are the best for people with allergies and asthma as they trap the dust in the liquid and purify the air in the rooms.
- What type of material are my carpets made of? – Depending on the thickness of the fibres, whether they are nylon or cotton, how durable the material is, etc. you can pick the most suitable machine. Think about the most delicate rug you own and choose the hover in accordance with its cleaning requirements.
- Do you walk around the house with shoes or slippers? – If you wear your outdoor shoes inside, your floors will be significantly dirtier and you will need to use the vacuum machine more frequent. You also may want to buy a more powerful model.
You should be able to answer them fairly easy. After that comes the hard part – the research. You have to carefully look through the different types of hovers and pick the one that best suits your needs.
Types of Vacuum Cleaners
Speaking of types of hovers you have a lot to choose from and each one has its pros and cons.
- Traditional vacuum cleaner with a bag – this is the most widespread hover on the market. Your parents probably have one of them in their Reading home. Don’t be fooled lots of professional cleaners still use this type of machine.
- Stick hovers – They are easy to use and furthermore to store, as their compact shape makes them perfect for apartments and small flats. There are different models from bagless to those with water filters.
- Robotic vacuum cleaners – One of the most popular hovers out there. However, keep in mind that they have specific requirements when it comes to the floors and carpets robotic vacuum cleaners can work on. Another slightly uncomfortable treat is that they have a significantly smaller dirt container than the regular hovers.
- Bagless vacuum cleaners — They are two major types — one with containers and one with water filters. With the first, the dust and dirt are captured in a plastic box instead of a bag. The second type is using a container filled with water which traps all of the nasty things your vacuum cleaner feeds on.
When choosing your vacuum machine there are a couple of things you need to check:
- HEPA filters – This system will trap the dust inside the machine and won’t allow it to circulate freely in the air. Be careful as there are many HEPA dupes that don’t possess the same qualities as the original one.
- Power – This feature will directly correlate with how big is your electricity bill, not to mention the actual quality of work.
- The size of the container/bag – Choose the smaller option if you live in a cosy one-bedroom apartment, but go bigger for the larger properties.
We hope we were able to help you pick the right type of hover. If you are still unsure, you can always rely on the best house cleaning services in Reading to take care of your home.