The short answer is yes. However, not many people know what exactly this technology is used for and how it benefits our everyday life. Our Reading cleaning has decided to shed some light on this frequently asked question. Keep reading if you want to know more about the importance of HEPA filters in your vacuum machines.
What Are HEPA Filters
Let’s start with the name. HEPA is an acronym for high-efficiency particulate air, and it is an efficiency standard in air filters. Depending on the laws and regulations of the country, they are used in HEPA filters must remove from 99.95% to 99.97% of air particles whose diameter is greater than or equal to 0.3 µm. These filters are being used not only in vacuum cleaners but also in the construction of different vehicles and in the biomedical industry.
How Can Your Reading Home Benefit from HEPA Filters
In vacuum cleaners, the HEPA filters are used as a part of the filtration system. This is extremely beneficial for people who suffer from asthma or have different allergies, as the filters collect dust mites and pollen and essentially purify the air. Our Reading experts say that almost all professional vacuum cleaners are required to have this feature.
How Does HEPA Filters Work
The technology behind them is actually not too complex. HEPA filters consist of randomly arranged fibres of fibreglass. They are tightly packed and unlike the membrane filters, don’t allow particles to pass through them. HEPA filters are designed to target miniature particles like different allergens and pollutants. That is why during a deep-cleanse of your home professional cleaning companies in Reading always rely on them to purify the premises.
Types of HEPA Filters
If you have decided to buy a hover with a HEPA filter, you need to be mindful of a couple of things.
- In order for a vacuum machine to be able to filter all the air it sucks, it needs to be properly sealed. This way everything passes through the HEPA filter.
- If your machine is labelled HEPA, this doesn’t mean the above-mentioned condition is followed. Some manufacturers use similar technology, but it is not as good as the original.
- Hovers with True HEPA filtration systems have more powerful motors and can be more expensive than the ones with “fake” HEPA filters.
If you want to make sure your vacuum cleaner is equipped with a HEPA filter you can check for a few things:
- Check the serial number and research the brand and model of your hover on the manufacturer’s site.
- See in your consumer’s instructions if there is information about the filtration percentage. If you live in the UK and EU it must be above 99.95%.
- Inspect your vacuum machine and look for the filter. Having a HEPA bag does not mean your hover can purify the air.
- When you seek a vacuum cleaner, check the models with washable filters. This is a great feature that allows you to not only periodically wash the filter but also see its “catch.”
- When choosing a hover, it is important to think primarily about your floors. What materials are they made from? Do you have a lot of carpets? What type are they? This will help you when picking the right machine for you. Remember hovers with True HEPA filters usually have more powerful motors and you need to be careful not damaging your carpeting.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. The consultants in every shop will gladly aid you and give you advice on different brands and features.
At the end of the day if buying a vacuum cleaner with a True HEPA filter is too much for your budget you can always rely on your professional Reading cleaners to do the job.