This is one of the most asked questions and with good reason. The return of your deposit in most cases relies on its answer. To clear things a bit and help you organise a smooth and effortless transition to your new place without breaking the bank, our Guildford end of tenancy cleaners will review the secrets of this service.
What Is End of Tenancy Cleaning
Let’s start simple and explain in general what this term means. The majority of house rental companies and landlords expect from tenants to deliver a spotless home at the end of the lease. To do that most people reserve to the specialised help of cleaning companies. According to our Guildford teams, fewer tenants do the tidying up all by themselves. Thus the end of tenancy cleaning service is born – a compilation of different cleaning activities done in accordance with your landlord’s standards
How Long Does the End of Tenancy Cleaning Take?
It depends on many factors but most end of tenancy cleaning companies have adopted a “no rest” policy. Meaning that they wash and scrub until all of the dirt is removed. However, if you want more detailed information, you need to discuss the issue with your cleaners beforehand. This way you will be able to properly plan your packing and moving.
Special Requirements Regarding Your Guildford Home
Most end of tenancy cleaning companies in Guildford and all across the UK for that matter have pretty standard requirements. If you want to benefit from their services, you need to do the following:
- Remove all of your belongings from the location – in principle, the items left behind are consider rubbish and going to be tossed away during the cleanup.
- Defrosting the freezer – there is no way to wash it properly if it’s covered in ice. All kitchen appliances must be eligible for washing.
- Noninhibited property – most cleaning companies offer a certain guarantee. In order to receive it, the property needs to be vacant.
What’s Included in an End of Tenancy Cleaning of Your Guildford Home
Again keep in mind that not all companies offer the same services but in general, here is what you can expect when booking and end of tenancy cleaning:
- Wipe doors, knobs and frames;
- Clean skirting boards;
- Dust light fixtures, lamps, switches, plugs, sockets;
- Wash windows, frames and dust aluminium blinds;
- Remove cobwebs and dust walls;
- Wipe coving, picture and curtain rails;
- Clean behind and under big pieces of furniture;
- Vacuum upholstery and remove stains;
- Hover carpets and mats;
- Mop the floors;
- Clean wardrobes both from the inside and out;
- Polish wooden surfaces;
- Wipe kitchen worktops;
- Wash kitchen appliances like ovens, fridges and microwaves;
- Clean the toilet and the bathroom tiles;
- Wash the shower cabin and bathtub;
- Remove limescale;
- Dust shelves and electronics;
- Polish mirrors and picture frames;
- Wipe staircases;
Additional Cleaning Service
Depending on the state of the property and your landlord’s requirements, you may need to order some additional services. Just to give you a hint of what you can ask your cleaners:
- Jet wash your patio, deck or pavement.
- Steam clean and deep-wash your mattresses, carpeting and upholstery.
- External window washing – depending on where your flat is located the cleaners need to use special machines to wash your windows from the outside. So most Guildford end of tenancy cleaners offers this service separately.
What Is Not Included in the End of Tenancy Cleaning
In fact for the following, you need to contact different type of professionals:
- Mould removal – You can’t expect your cleaners to eliminate the traces of mould in the property. These fungi are actually quite dangerous and only licenced companies are allowed to remove them.
- Moving services – If you expect the cleaners to help you move around heavy pieces of furniture and help you load them in your car, you are mistaken. This is a job for a moving company.
- Wall washing – Usually cleaners do not wash walls, as they are not aware of the type of paint or wallpaper used. If you have some stains you want to remove, search for a repair/construction company.
- Pest elimination – It goes without saying, end of tenancy cleaners can’t exterminate bugs or rodents.
Now you know what to expect from your future end of tenancy cleaning!